WAS(Windows process Activation Service):
- By default IIS support only HTTP protocol. if you want to use non HTTP protocol like TCP,MSMQ then you need to install WAS component or WCF non-HTTP activation component.
- WAS is supported on below platforms with IIS7.0 and above.
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows server 2008
How to know which version of IIS you have?
- Open IIS–>Click on Help menu
- Select About “Internet Information Service”
To support non-HTTP protocol in IIS, we need:
- Install WAS and WCF non-HTTP Activation component
- Go to control pannel in your machine
- Click on ‘Program and Features’
- Click on ‘Turn Windows features on or off’
- In ‘windows Features’ window, expand ‘Microsoft .net framework 3.5.1’ and select ‘Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation’
- Click ok
- Enable non-HTTP protocol support in IIS for your application
- Open IIS
- Expand ‘Default Web Site’ folder
- Right click on your application–>Manage application–>Advanced setting
- In Advanced setting–>set enabled protocols–>http,net.tcp
- click ok
- Then you can change the binding to netTcpBinding and test the client.
© 2015, admin. All rights reserved.
Reference books, you may like:Programming WCF Services: Design and Build Maintainable Service-Oriented Systems
WCF Multi-Layer Services Development with Entity Framework, 4th Edition
Learning WCF: A Hands-on Guide